Case Study V. G.
Charge: Criminal Trespassing
Days in Jail: 112 days
Cost to taxpayers: $16,016
- 28 arrests – 16 bookings into CCDOC
- Over her 16 bookings combined, 41-year-old V.G. has spent a total of 736 days in Cook County Jail. Said differently, she has spent 25% of the past 8 years in jail custody. All of her arrests are for low-level crimes, mostly Criminal Trespass.
- Her most recent arrest occurred on March 19th, 2015. In weeks before her arrest, she had been told by management at a mobile home park to stay off the property. On the date of the arrest, they again observed her sitting on the steps of a trailer smoking a cigarette. They asked her to leave and she refused. When they told her police were on their way, she left the property and was stopped by officers a few blocks awayV.G. related that she had seen the owner of the trailer yesterday and he told her she could sit on the steps and wait for a ride. Officers then discovered that the owner of the trailer had passed away about 2 weeks prior. She was arrested for Criminal Trespass. While at the station, V.G. allegedly attempted to swing at an officer and was uncooperative.
She has been in custody for 112 days on this case. On June 6, 2015 she was found unfit to stand trial by the court because of mental illness. She was committed to the Department of Mental Health and is currently awaiting transfer from the jail to an inpatient mental health facility.
- Of her 16 bookings, 4 have resulted in her being committed to the Department of Mental Health. The rest of the cases were either dropped, resolved with time considered served, or released with court supervision.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]