Case Study L. K.
Home > Case Study L. K.
Charge: Criminal Trespassing at O’Hare International Airport
Days in Jail: 181
Cost to taxpayers: $25,883
- 72 arrests in 15 years, 16 bookings into Cook County Jail.
- The large majority of 50-year-old L.K.’s arrests are for Criminal Trespass. In most cases, she lingers on public and government property, occasionally shouting things at passersby. Most often, she is arrested for trespassing at various Metra and CTA stations, fast food restaurants, businesses in downtown Chicago, and parks. Many of the employees at these places now recognize her as a habitual trespasser.
- Her most recent arrest occurred on February 3, 2015 at O’Hare airport, where she has been arrested before. Arrest reports indicate that she entered and remained at the airport after stating that she did not have any legitimate reason for being there. She was arrested, charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass, and taken to the airport police station for processing.
- L.K. struggles with mental health issues and after a court ordered psychological exam, was found unfit to stand trial and follow court proceedings. Her charges have since been dropped as of August 8, 2015.
- L.K. was in the custody of the Cook County Jail for 181 days on this case. Of her 16 bookings, this was her longest stay. The cost to house for this booking so far was about $25,883.
- Based on what she told officers at booking, L.K. is homeless.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]