Case Study D. E.
Home > Case Study D. E.
Charge: Trespassing at O’Hare International Airport
Days in Jail: 86
Cost to taxpayers: $12,298
- 28 arrests total – 16 bookings into Cook County Jail
- Collectively, D.E., who is 51-years-old, has spent 247 days in CCDOC at a cost of $35,321. In the past three years alone, D.E. has been booked to CCDOC eight times and has spent 190 days in the jail.
- D.E.’s most recent arrest occurred on Nov. 29, 2014. He was arrested for trespassing at O’Hare after security recognized him and was aware he was wanted for failure to appear in court for a previous trespassing case. An additional Violation of Bail Bond charge was added, and he was booked back into CCDOC. His bond was set at $1,000. A mental health evaluation was ordered by the court and D.E. was found unfit to stand trial. D.E. was sent to the Department of Mental Health after 86 days in jail.
- All but one of his recent bookings have been for the same charge: Criminal Trespass to State Land. Each time, he is seen loitering at or around O’Hare airport and is arrested after being asked to leave several times and freely reporting that he has no legitimate reason for being at the airport.
- In many of his arrest reports officers admit to approaching him because they recognize him as a habitual trespasser, know that he is out on bond from Criminal Trespass at O’Hare, or know that he has an active warrant for failure to appear in court.
- He continually gets released on I-Bonds and subsequently fails to appear in court or gets re-arrested at O’Hare and booked back into CCDOC for the Criminal Trespass and the Violation Bail Bond.
- One of his few non-criminal trespass arrests occurred on Sept. 27, 2013. D.E. attempted to steal 1 bottle of Pepsi and 1 bag of cookies totaling $4.58 from Jewel Osco. He spent 28 days in jail before being released with time considered served.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]