Animal Abuser Registry
Pet sellers, pet shop operators, rescue service organizations, animal shelters, and the general public can now actively engage in animal abuse prevention.
The online registry lists convicts of animal abuse crimes such as cruel treatment, aggravated cruelty, animal torture, depiction of animal cruelty, and dog fighting.
In this animal abuser registry, you will find the name and address of animal abuse offenders for up to fifteen years past their conviction date. If an abuser is convicted a second time, he or she will remain on the registry for life.
Animal abuse offenders need to register in person with a Sheriff Deputy at any of the 6 Cook County Municipal District Courthouses within 5 days from the date of conviction or release. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to $2,000. Any animal abuse offender who attempts to adopt or purchase an animal shall be subject to a fine of up to $5,000.
*Cook County Ordinance 16-2631 establishes the creation of an Animal Abuser Registry
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]